Claims – Step by Step Instructions (can be found on www.hockeynsw.com.au)
When one of your players is injured and a claim is to be submitted, the following process must be adhered to:
1. Report the injury to the Association Secretary.
2. Obtain a claim form directly by
a) Log onto www.sportscover.com.au to report the claim and have claim forms mailed to you.
b) Call Claims hotline on 1300 134 956.
c) Contact the insurance broker on 02 9486 3100. Within 30 Days of the injury occurring
3. Player to fully complete the claim form and then pass back to the Association Secretary to have the registration details completed on the reverse of the form. Please note that it is the players responsibility to ensure that ALL questions are fully answered and the claim form is signed. The main delay with the processing of claims is incomplete information on the claim form.
4. Players to submit paid accounts, Health Fund rebate statements and the Attending Physician Statement as soon as possible. DO not wait for treatment to be completed before forwarding the paperwork.
5. All claims for loss of income must contain the following information;
a) Employer has completed appropriate section of the claim form and
b) Doctors Certificate certifying the period of disability and
c) Fully completed Attending Physician statement. Please note that 4 week Medical Certificates are required for regular payment.
6. If you are experiencing any difficulties with the claims process please contact DHB and Associates Pty Ltd immediately for assistance on 02 9486 3100.
7. Players should allow 5 working days processing time from the insurer. That is 5 days from the date the insurer received their claim form.
THE UNDERWRITER REQUIRES THE CLAIM FORM TO BE RETURNED (FULLY COMPLETED) TO SPORTSCOVER WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR INJURY. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL TREATMENT IS COMPLETED BEFORE SUBMITTING THE CLAIM FORM.